Saturday, November 26, 2022

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour.

We are quickly approaching the end of another year.

This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this writing The number is 15 included in that number is 4 family members. Lots of loss. 

It has been a very long year with lots of tragedy. 

I started the year off in Florida livig and working on Useppa Island which was a great place to land for six months. 

It was so nice to be welcomed back with open arms to this truly magical community. Reunited with old friends and making new ones.  So gratful for the appreciation of having me back for another season. 

The season was not without its challenges. The turn over was more than anyplace I have ever worked in a very short period of time. We were dealing with covid restrictions which grately limited our capacity. 

The moral was not great. Lots of infighting. 

I managed to get through the season. I was looking forward to heading out to do so traveling and than returning this fall. 

I left from Useppa and flew straight to Costa Rica a trip I was planning for years to make and never had. So finally I booked my flight after changing plans. The plan was to go to Asia for a few months. Unforunatley due to much stricter covid rules and very expensive flights, I chose to travel to Costa Rica and Mexico.

The trip was great. I FINALLY got to catch up with Jody from Tom Bergin's after a dozen years. 

I spent 15 days in Costa Rica. I flew from CR to Mexico City to Cancun and finally Playa del Carmen where I decided to extend my stay by a couple more weeks. I wa really digging Playa.

After my travels I had planned to fly to New York for my mothers suprise 80th that me and my siblings were hosting. Today is November 26th and I am still sitting here in the hometown. This is the longest I have spent in Troy since I left in 1986.

During this time we celebrated my fathers 80th and I have been dealing with some health cincerns/issues.

I did take a two week job up in Vermontwhich was a nice break from being here.. It was the perfect time of year to be in Vermont......I got to experience a full autum here in New England. It did not disappoint. 

I am ready to get back on the road which I was going to do in mid October Well mother nature had a different plan as Southwest Florida took a direct hit from Hurricane Ian. Fort Myers was almost completely destroyed along with Pine Island and Matlache. Useppa also took a direct hit. So there unfortunately will not be a season this year.........Tha has really thrown me for a loop. But in life one must be flexible. So I am currently looking for what is next, STAY TUNED.

 The LGBTQIA Community was targeted last week in Colorado Springs at Club Q where a gunman went in with an AR-15 and shot up the club killing 5 and injuring 23 others. 

RAYMOND GREEN VANCE

KELLY LOVING

DANIEL ASTON

DERRICK RUMP

ASHLEY PAUGH

& ALL THOSE INJURED AND WHO HAVE WITNESSED THIS ACT OF HATE. 

I am sorry.




When will the other side vote for stricter gun laws and help to save lives. It is heartbreaking. The Squatter just announced he was running for President in 2024. 

 I really need someone to explain tome HOW THIS IS EVEN POSSIBLE.

 It is really difficult staying mentally well in the World we are all currently living in........I TRUST AND HOPE THING WILL GET BETTER.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour. We are quickly approaching the end of another year. This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this w...