Friday, February 18, 2022

27 YEARS.

 27 YEARS.

ALMOST HALF MY LIFE.

2/21/22 will be the 27th Anniversary of you leaving and embarking on the heavenly journey you are now on.

27 long years of NOT hearing your voice, NOT visiting you, NOT having your homemade pasta on Christmas Day. NOT walking to DeFazio's to pick you up a loaf of Italian bread for our Sunday meals.

NOT having you make my favorite meal of yours Minestra. Not having your famous Italian cookies Jennettes. There are way too many NOT'S

Since you died I have not had your famous Tomato Soup Cake..........I remember as a child the very first time I tried it and asked what type of cake it was. You said to me just try it without letting me know what it was. I am so glad you did. There is no way I would have ever tried it if I knew it was Tomato soup cake. 

My god did I love that cake.

You have been gone ALMOST HALF MY LIFE.............................DOES NOT SEEM POSSIBLE. 

But unfortunately it is FACT. 

Since you have gone there are six great grandchildren who never got to meet you or be loved by you. But they know who you are and how much you were loved and how much you are missed.

You were the glue that held the family together. 

Through the years since you left your whole generation are now all gone. Now your children have started departing. First with Uncle Anthony. 

Losing Aunt Teresa a few months ago was a tough one. What brings me comfort in her departing was she left surrounded with love having mom and Jen by here bedside as she slipped away. She also left with knowing who everyone was and was not left to suffer.

Now Aunt Maryann will soon join all of you as she is now in hospice waiting to transition.

It will soon be just Uncle Angelo and Mom left.

As your day approaches I just wanted to say THANK YOU for loving me unconditionally and wholeheartedly.

I miss having you no longer here. But, you are with me ALWAYS.

I am happy you have reunited with so many loved ones. I look forward to the day that we all gather for our Sunday meals on the other side.

Sunday dinners in heaven must now be EPIC.

I think of you all the time. I am glad you choose me to love and nurture.

Say hello to everyone. You are all missed.

OUR LOVED ONES ARE WITH US ALWAYS.  JUST LOOK FOR THE SIGNS. THEY ARE THERE TO LET US KNOW. 



With Love,


Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour. We are quickly approaching the end of another year. This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this w...