Saturday, December 18, 2021

TIL DEATH DO US PART

 TIL DEATH DO US PART.

November 13, 2021 was that day.

The end of a beautiful LOVE STORY. 75 PLUS YEARS.

The call came around 5 pm, when mom had to deliver the news that her sister and my aunt and godmother Teresa had passed.

Very difficult loss for the family.

Fortunately I was was back in the area for a short visit before heading to both Virginia and Florida for my next jobs.

I am so GRATEFUL that I was able to get a few visits in with Aunt Teresa and Uncle John. 

What turns out to have been my final visit was a great day spent with mom, uncle Ang at the house. 

It really was such a nice visit. A GOOD DAY.

Upon leaving and saying goodbye, in the back of my mind I was thinking that it was more than likely be my last time seeing them alive. SAD.

When I left I gave Aunt Teresa a hug and a kiss. I told her I loved her and would see her again soon. 

She said the same.  Unfortunately that would not be the case.

The day I left, she fell and within three weeks she would be gone. Very hard to be away and get that call. 

Mom and my sister Jennifer were by her side while she took her last breath. 

From being with my grandmother while she took her last breath I know what and honor it is to be allowed to be present for a loved ones transition. What a GIFT for both parties. 

A few days before transitioning Aunt Teresa kept saying she was seeing and talking to momma. Her and my mother's mother and my grandmother.

I said to my mother that it was my grandmother who was there letting my Aunt know that all would be ok and she could let go. My grandmother was there to reunite my Aunt with all of our family members who have gone before us.

Aunt Teresa has for the past six plus years been taking care of Uncle John who has been bedridden with lyme disease.

75 PLUS YEARS. IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH TIL DEATH DO US PART.

They survived the loss of two of their three sons. 

I believe the final act in their love story was for Uncle John to hold on long enough so Aunt Teresa would not have to suffer the loss of yet another loved one.

SAD YET BEAUTIFUL.

Honestly I am surprised Uncle John is still hanging on at 98 years old. 

The two of the m will be sorely missed. Uncle John I know that you are more than ready. I wish you a peaceful transition when the time comes.

Please give Aunt Teresa a big hug and a kiss from me. 

Aunt Teresa was my godmother. We are very similar in a lot of ways. We are both sensitive artists who care for others. Sometimes to deeply.

Mom got to be there and take care of her sister and was gifted quality time,precious moments that are often missed because life is so busy.

They gave each other a GIFT. This was a gift you can not put a price on. JUST PRICELESS. 

I know that you are reacquainted with the family. That brings me comfort. 

I also find comfort that we did not have to witness you failing to the point where you did not remember anyone. Thank you for that gift.

REST WELL. I LOVE YOU. WE ALL MISS YOU.

Teresa Zullo 11/13/21

Your sun has set for the final time. You will always shine in all the lives you have touched. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour. We are quickly approaching the end of another year. This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this w...