Tuesday, December 28, 2021

ALMOST 2022

 ALMOST 2022. 

Three more days and we will be saying goodbye to 2021.  What a year it has been. 

My year has been NON-STOP.

After not working for thirteen months due to COVID-19. I returned to work in April. 

Just want to keep things real. 

WE ARE STILL IN LIVING WITH COVID. 

Cases are on the rise. 

Some places in the world they are seeing the HIGHEST CASES since the beginning of the PANDEMIC. We are seeing an increase in cases because there has been mixed messages since the very beginning. 

I am convinced that whoever is responsible for the past two years needs more people to die. I believe this was and is  INTENTIONAL. 

With the holidays more and more are turning up positive because of family gatherings and people wanting to get back to some sort of normalcy. People have let their guard down. THIS IS A GLOBAL PANDEMIC yet we are letting cities,states, counties, countries, businesses decide how they are going to handle all of this.  So many people are getting sick and dying unnecessarily. IT IS TRAGIC & PREVENTABLE.

I right now have three family members who are Covid positive and are now sick. 

As of today Worldwide cases are 281 Million that is almost if every single person in America were positive. CRAZY. 

Worldwide deaths is 5.41 Million. That is a lot of people. 

Here is America we are at 52.9 Million with almost 820 Thousand lives lost. In America today they are reporting 543 Thousand new cases.......They are saying by NYE will will be at 1 Million cases a day just here in AMERICA. WTF.

JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT REAL. We are nowhere near the end of this PANDEMIC. 

Through all of this and all the personal loss this year. As of today 12/28 I have personally known/lost 16 people. WOW. 

That being said. What I have taken from all the world's craziness and loss. I have chosen to just continue to live my life. LIFE IS PRECIOUS. TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ALL OF US. WE MUST LIVE LIFE NOW. THAT IS ALL WE HAVE. 

Take nothing for granted. If anything that I have learned from these CRAZY TIMES. 

Whatever you want to do. DO IT. DO NOT WAIT.  I am hoping and trusting that 2022 will be a better year. So I will continue to do what feeds my soul........That is PHOTOGRAPHY & TRAVEL. 

I need to do both of those things to keep MENTALLY WELL.  LOTS OF SELFCARE. WE MUST TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES AND EACH OTHER.  BE KIND, BE LOVING, BE PRESENT.

Last year I began the year in North Carolina with a friend who is now a former friend. LIFE HAPPENS. It is important to know when relationships become toxic. The older I get it is so much easier to recognize and walk away rather that stay in a bad situation that does not serve your greater good.  

From North Carolina I had to Charleston. I decided to hangout in Charleston for about six weeks. Beautiful city, but like all of the other cities I tried. Unfortunately last year it was difficult to get a feel for any city as a possible new location for me with no city being fully operational. BUMMER. 

I bounced all over the country in search of what was going to be my new homebase. Atlanta was on the shortlist for the simple reason I know a fair amount of friends from LA who are now based in Atlanta, plus if I decided to pursue my acting again there are opportunities in ATLANTA.  My contacts in Atlanta advised me to continue to travel and check back in a year.  That was a year ago this week. WOW.

From Atlanta I made my way north with a stop in York Pennsylvania before heading back to the hometown for what was shy of a month. Which is about my limit being back in the hometown. Always great catching up with everyone. But not where I belong...STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. 

While back visiting I received a call to go back out to Utah to work. I decided to drive cross country YET AGAIN. There was still so much to see and do in Utah. What a gorgeous state. So I accepted a job in Kanab and worked and EXPLORED for six months until the beginning of October when I decided to drive cross country again. The nice thing about this trip was I would being traveling with my good friend Tomas on a cross country trip showing him this beautiful country heading all the way back to New York. 

I picked him up in Vegas where we hung out for a couple days and explored the Whole Strip and Downtown. Was so great having someone to roadtrip with. Everything was a first for Tomas. For me I have made the trip so many times but did manage to have a few firsts myself.

My goal was to catch the change of seasons all the way across the country. It was a SUCCESS.

Vegas, Zion, Moab, Frisco, Denver, Iowa, Chicago, Niagara Falls, Hometown, Vermont, Jersey Shore and NYC.  FANTASTIC TRIP. 

After Tomas left, I stayed for two days before UNPACKING & REPACKING to now head south. So I heading to Shenandoah to finish out the season with them. Got to spend what I believe is the best 5-6 weeks witnessing the change of season.  Beautiful time of year to be there. 

I am now getting ready  to close out 2021 and welcome 2022 back here on Useppa Island. Feels good to be back reconnect with former coworkers and friends and get reacquainted with the homeowners who are just some of the loveliest people that i have met on all of my travels.

I am grateful to have the opportunity to live here and work on a private island. LIFE IS GOOD.

I am hoping that life finds a NEW NORMAL and people can get back to LIVING. 

TIME DOES NOT STOP.  NEITHER CAN YOU. LIVE FULL OUT. 

MUCH LOVE,

WHERE IS JOE? 

STAY TUNED.


HAPPY NEW YEAR. 2022 WILL BE THE YEAR YOU CHOOSE IT TO BE. MAKE IT A GREAT ONE. PEACE & LOVE


LOOK FOR THE LIGHT. IT SHINES EVEN IN THE DARK. 
TRUST. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour. We are quickly approaching the end of another year. This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this w...