Sunday, January 23, 2022

Living Simply in the Chaos of today's World

 Living simply in the Chaos of today's World.

Island Life 2022


So I closed out 2021 and began 2022 here in Southwest Florida living and working on Useppa Island.

2021 was a year of so much uncertainty in the World.

We are still in a state of uncertainty. I returned to work almost ten months ago after taking thirteen months off. 

I decided while the World was figuring out how to navigate and move forward during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC and what that was going to look like. I rather than stress out and get myself caught up in the CHAOS. 

I would just do me, with the understanding that no one knew what was going to happen and what the outcome would be for any of us.

The world is still faced with much uncertainty as we are now navigating 2022.

The cases are on the rise with everyone having travelled over the holidays. I know more and more people who are now Covid +

Just today spoke with my sister who teaches in a Montessori school in Upstate New York is now sitting in quarantine until Thursday because there are currently five cases in her daughters class with over fifty cases in the school.  My brother and sister-in-law and four of my nieces and nephews have all been diagnosed positive. Thankfully with mild cases. Not everyone's family stories end so well. 

Crazy World right now. 

The lesson that I believe is to come of this is. No matter what happens, LIFE CONTINUES. LIFE WILL GO ON. 

One of the Island members during one of conversations brought up a very good point that put things into perspective. He is almost eighty years old and for him to be locked into quarantine or to isolate is robbing him of VALUABLE TIME. He because of his age is in the final act with limited time. 

In reality all of our time is limited. It does not matter what age you are. TIME IS PRECIOUS.

We must not waste what time we are given on things that do not matter. 

Going through what the world is going through has allowed us plenty of time to sit with self and go inwards to figure out what is important and has also showed us that whatever you may want to do in life. MAKE PLANS AND DO IT. 


THERE ARE NO PROMISES

We must remain alert and respectful and doing what we can to help each other and be considerate of others. We also must remember that are ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES and not only affect us but others as well. WE CAN DO BETTER........WE MUST DO BETTER.

So I for the time being am docking myself on this PRIVATE ISLAND and riding out the storm after being out in it for almost two years. 

I feel blessed and very grateful to be living the life I am living and where I am at. Just walks on the island surrounded by an abundance of beauty. I am at peace.

HOPING ALL OF YOU REMAIN SAFE AND MAKE CHOICES WITH EVERYONE IN MIND. NOT JUST SELF. 

In the meantime my plan is to continue to share beauty with you all. Hoping the World will return and we all embrace whatever


the new normal will be. We must be like an owl..........Stay alert and watch out for each other. 

PEACE & LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 11th Hour

 The 11th Hour. We are quickly approaching the end of another year. This year like all my years have been colored by much loss. As of this w...